Harvard Business School to Host Executive Education Program Focused on Building a Global Enterprise
Business Wire IndiaHarvard Business School (HBS) will host its successful executive education program, Building a Global Enterprise—India, from May 23-26, 2016 at the HBS style classroom at the Taj Lands End hotel in Mumbai. The program in its 8th consecutive year, will look at how Indian and multinational companies can succeed in the diverse kinds of market environments that one finds in a dynamic emerging market like India.
Participants will sample from such topics as these:
- Establish and grow their company in a complex business environment
- Target the company's products or service lines for emerging markets
- Design competitive strategies that take into account both local and global competitors
- Build effective partnerships and know when and how to grow organically or through mergers and acquisitions
- Develop a talented workforce, design flexible organizational structures and align the organization to execute its strategy
- Create a culture of innovation and lead the important changes that will enable the company to succeed
- Expand, manage and retain a deep pool of talent to ensure future leadership and growth
"According to a recent UN report, India is expected to be the fastest-growing large economy in 2016-17 with an estimated 7.3% growth rate. For both, Indian firms and multinational companies to ensure a successful growth trajectory in this market, leaders need to understand India's evolving business environment. In the Building a Global EnterpriseIndia program, participants will learn how organizations can both overcome constraints to business growth in India, as well as capitalize on its many opportunities, and expand globally when appropriate,” said Professor Tarun Khanna
, Jorge Paulo Lemann Professor.
The program has been developed exclusively for senior managers of large and growing Indian companies and multinationals, executives of large established firms based outside of India, and private investors who have substantial current or planned exposure to India.
“In this program, through cases based on established companies across India, South Korea, China, Brazil, and the United States, participants will study key trends in India and emerging markets while examining the major challenges facing business leaders of companies that seek to build scale. The program will empower these leaders with the skills and frameworks needed to design strategy, improve leadership, and manage talent in a highly dynamic market,” said Professor Juan Alcacer
, Professor of Business Administration.
As with all HBS Executive Education programs, the India portfolio is taught by distinguished HBS faculty using the renowned HBS case-study method
, wherein faculty lectures, interactive exercises, and diagnostic assessment tools create a dynamic learning environment. The program aims to build long-lasting relationships via the professional network that is created through close interaction with an elite group of Indian and global peers.